Saturday, August 9, 2008

Perserverance

"We don't know how the narrative of our lives will end, but we get to choose how to use the interval between now and the moment we meet our Creator face to face. We want lives of simple, predictable ease - smooth, even trails as far as the eye can see - but God likes to go off-road. He provokes us with twists and turns. He places us in predicaments that seem to defy our endurance and comprehension - and yet don't. By His love and grace, we persevere."
Tony Snow

Today is more perservering for all of us. We are slowly recovering from the pneumonia, gratefully moving forward and not taking steps backward. Joshua continues to be so gracious to those who care for him. He truly has the spirit of a great man! We are learning and growing so much, and feel so grateful for all of your thoughts and prayers for our family. We are and have been blessed by the hand of the Lord.
Possible timeline of events for next week:
  • Monday: possible traechetomy
  • Thursday: posterior neck surgery
  • Monday 18th: Craig Hospital in Denver

Thank you everyone for your emails and comments. Our family reads them and we feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people thinking of and praying for us. Enjoy the spirit of the Sabbath Day tomorrow.

Love from, Cord, Lisa, Jacob, Joshua, Justin, Marne', and Colton

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Josh and Family

Josh, you may not remember me but I am Christian Baker's Mom. Most of my memories of you are from Mrs. Evan's 6th Grade class. You did such a great job with your project for the Egypt Fair.

We have followed your progress since the accident. You will be in every personal and family prayer.

Love

Etta Baker

Amanda and Steve said...

Dear Josh,

You have been in the Scheuermann family's prayers regularly since the day we heard of your injury. Susannah learned of it through a text from one of the young women in our ward as she and I drove up to BYU Idaho Education Week. We got busy texting (Susannah) and calling (me -- I was driving!!) people to spread the word of your situation and ask people to join in fasting and praying. Our first day at Education Week was spent thinking of you largely, and fasting and praying for you. Tears flowed as Neil filled us in on the miracles that took place on your behalf when he called us after the meeting that was held. We were so relieved and grateful to know how the Lord had intervened to place the right people in the right place for you. We know how much you and your family is beloved of the Lord.

My husband, Steve, was flying that day. He, too, was emotional when he heard the good news of your successful surgery. He shared with me tearfully about how he had flown into Los Angeles earlier that afternoon. Normally, their route takes them a different way into the airport, but that day it took them right past the Los Angeles temple. It was bathed in glorious afternoon sunlight and Steve had a very strong impression that you will walk into a temple unaided one day. I believe you will, too. Your faith is already growing in leaps and bounds. Know always that you are loved and watched over. We will keep you in our prayers. God bless.

Amanda Scheuermann and all the family

wendyb said...

Dear Josh,

I am so glad that I found out about your blog. I have been praying for you and your family since I heard about the accident, but wasn't sure of the best way to tell you of my concern.

I wish I would have had you in class at Weber. I love your parents and Jacob! They are so kind to me. I have seen you interact with your friends at school and you seem to be so fun to be around.

Thank you for keeping this blog. It was such an inspiration to me as I read the posts and viewed the pictures. You show a lot of strength and courage. You have a great support system of your parents, family, and friends. This shows the great influence you have had and will have over many people.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Wendy Barney